Project Selection Group
Recruiting a Project Selection Group for Lancashire’s UK City of Culture Bid
Lancashire 2025 is recruiting a Project Selection Group to support the development of our UK City of Culture bid. The panel will assess Bid Programme Call proposals against the published core criteria in the Lancashire 2025 Bid Programme guidance, and offer objective and considered advice to the Bid Director at shortlisting stage.
Project Selection Group
The Lancashire 2025 Project Selection Group will be made up of 8 people who are professional curators, programmers, and directors from the cultural sector. They must have expertise in the following areas:
- Cultural Curators practice specialists related to the subjects of digital, nature, connection and living.
- Creative Programmers specialists in the field of cultural regeneration.
- Creative Directors who have expertise and a proven track record of delivering
- major public events.
Responsible to: Lancashire 2025 (Projects Producer)
Appointed by: Marketing Lancashire
- to become conversant with the Lancashire 2025 Bid, and the Bid Programme Guidance
- to be familiar with DCMS guidelines for the UK City of Culture
- to assist in the shortlisting of the Bid Programme Call
- to review individual proposals for the programme and make recommendations to the Bid Director, who will make the final decision.
- to provide accountability
- to be available for a briefing in mid September
- to be available during the shortlisting period (24 September to 8 October) to assess proposals, attend meetings with Project Producer and Bid Director as well as the Project Selection Group
- to be available to respond to feedback from the public vote and the jury at the end of October /early November
Closing Date for applications: Friday 3 September
Remuneration: A fee to cover time commitments will be agreed with successful candidates.
Application: Covering letter and career synopsis.
Contact: Sarah Rowland here
Review, Shortlist and Selection Timetable
- The review of all eligible entries will be undertaken by Lancashire 2025s Community Advisory Panel to create the long list (60 proposals) between 10 September and 24 September 2021.
- The shortlist (30 proposals) will be compiled by a Project Selection Group of experienced creative and cultural professionals who will evaluate the long list between 24 September 2021 and 8 October 2021.
- Opinion on the shortlist of proposals will be crowd sourced; members of the public will be given the opportunity to vote for their favourite ideas between 8 October and 27 October 2021.
- The indicative programme (15 proposals) for the Lancashire 2025 Bid will be assessed by the Bid Director and a jury, the week commencing 15 November.
- Final selection will be made by the Bid Director and announced in December 2021.